Sunday, January 6, 2013

Day 6: Look what the postman brought

The Christmas season book booty -- if only I had time to tackle them all right now...
There's not much to report on from Saturday. I spent the afternoon working my way through A Crown of Swords (which got stronger as it went along, including a couple of bona fide laugh-out-loud moments) and then started in on The Path of Daggers. Several characters finished a quest that has been brewing for several volumes. Not sure how much XP each of them got, but they should at least level up from that.

The evening brought the full return to work for my first show of 2013. At the beginning of the evening, I really wanted to stay home and watch the Vikings (the football team, not the invasive Middle Ages culture) play. As it turns out, going out was a good choice.

You can read about the show, Aida, later this week in City Pages. Walking into the Pantages was an interesting experience, as I haven't really been "out" since the last show I saw, also at the downtown theater, three weeks ago. Being around that many people again was a bit dizzying. Crowds and me: not the best combination. Things, I know, will get back to normal soon enough. (And the shows on tap for this week will be in much smaller spaces.)

The (almost) final bit of Christmas shopping arrived in the mail Saturday. The four books include the start of one epic-looking series and three volumes in another. I'm sensing a trend. Anyway, none of that or now. I'm on the back half of The Wheel of Time now, going downhill as it were. Of course, this downhill lasts for about two million words... so, it's not going to be finished today.

No comments:

Post a Comment