Saturday, January 26, 2013

Days 21-26: Well, that was quite a week

Restarting the day job is always a tough moment in the year. The months of setting my own schedule quickly fall away to the knowledge that I have to get to work in the morning and that's all I'm going to be doing for the balance of the day. Then there is the rush to get home and do the other work that needs to be done before collapsing in a heap, ready for bed and to do it all again.

So, there's not much to report on the whole entertainment/hobby/personal life front from the past week. I zoned out to some tennis (Australia is warm this time of year and that's nice to see when the temp doesn't get above zero), a couple of TV shows and not much else. I believe I read about 20 pages total in Knife of Dreams over the week, about half of that in the minutes before the opening curtain last night at Johnny Baseball.

And the weekend? A bunch of appointments, an opera (oooh!) and plenty of writing to get done to be ready for next week. I know that after a couple of weeks, I'll have made my adjustment to the work schedule. The start of "scoring" helps as well, as it's a job I've done for years and know very well the kind of mental energy it takes to complete. Answering phones? Not my bag at all.

In other words, nothing to report, except that it's cold and busy and I just want to sleep for a long, long time...

No comments:

Post a Comment